Some of our friends have asked us about what has happened to our record so here's an update for those of you care to care...
1. That record is almost done and that last bit is gonna cost us a bit to complete. Do we have the money to complete it at the moment? No. But, we will get to it. In time. Making music costs money and it's not like there's a reality TV show on the back of it waiting to fund our existence?
2. Ours IS NOT going to be a record that's commercial in any shape or form. It is a bunch of songs written by a bunch of musicians over a few years with a diverse amount of energy going into it. So, we're not gonna keep it all under 3:30 to trigger thrill and happiness amongst happy downloaders. Our shortest song is about 4 minutes and our longest is about 11 minutes and it's has nothing to do with anything. They each tell a story - some short ones, some long ones. Period.
3. So, yes, we have had a few people come and go in the line up. Has that affected the core of our music? The answer to that is a NO. If at all, it has helped the core of this band understand what we really want and certainly the stuff that we don't.
4. How big is the album? We have never believed in throwing out 5 songs and calling it a record. Our first record was 11 songs and the 2nd was 13 songs. This will be somewhere in between.
5. We started off with a set date of May 2016 and that became 2017 and we're almost done with 2017 so clearly, we are behind schedule. All we can really say is that we're busy finishing with a lot of important stuff in our respective lives. We respect each other's priorities.
6. Will this be worth the wait? Again, it really depends on what you will be looking for. If you're looking to examine each of the notes, the bridges, the changes from one chord to the other and whether the solo is technical enough, probably not! If you wanna enjoy a good piece of honest music, probably yes.
7. Just like a lot of big bands in the world, not everyone who's a part of the band has been a part of the writing process all through the creation of this record. We've had to trash a lot of stuff we thought was well, just trashy to begin with and keep some parts we liked as a unit.
8. We won't be performing live for the foreseeable future. Priorities. Simple. We will however, get to it in time when we feel we're ready.
9. Are there any singles coming? Yeah, we committed to this earlier this year but like a lot of other things in life...it's about time. The right time and perhaps that time is coming soon.
We will be in touch!